Welcome to your first Linden Tour!
Our goal is to help you meet and recruit international students. Here are some things that you can do to make sure this is a good experience for you and your institution:
- Please contact your tour leader any time you have questions.
- Read your e-mail and check the tour web site. We communicate with our tour members via updates, which come to you by e-mail and our tour member-only web site. If we put anything new and/or important on the site, we'll send you an e-mail.
- Keep up with the items on the checklist (Action Items).
- Note the user name and passwords so you can gain entry into the tour member web site.
- Recognize that the tour is a "template;" each tour member is responsible for making their own appointments with alumni and parents of current students.
- Meet with students from the countries you are visiting and ask them about key high schools and factors that motivate students from those countries to attend your university, and learn about the grading systems.
- Stick with your buddy. You'll be assigned a "buddy" before the tour. A buddy is another tour member, hopefully one who has done the tour before, and he/she will be able to answer any questions you might have.
- Do not over-schedule yourself, particularly in the latter part of the tour, as it can be a tiring experience.
- Before you depart, think about how you are going to respond to students and counselors after the tour.